PAY THE MINIMUM / STAY IN DEBT
Just keep making the minimum payments and hope you can stick it out. When creditors call offering some token “assistance” program you take it, but it won’t really help – it will just make the creditor more money.
- Upside: Feels most comfortable to you. “Looks” like the cheapest way out.
- Downside: You’re giving up your retirement and staying on the debt treadmill… you are running faster and faster, but not getting anywhere.
This program was invented by the credit card companies. In it, you’ll repay all the debt + interest.
- Upside: None, really, except the calls will stop – because the creditors want you to take this option.
- Downside: You’ll pay back all the debt plus interest. Is that relief to you? You will have credit damage arguably worse than our program. Payments may be higher than what you currently pay. In the end, you might get the same results as our program, except you’ll spend more to get it – a lot more. Creditors push this program because they make more money off you.
Chapter 7 or Chapter 13…. Most cases these days are converted to chapter 13, by which you’ll have to make repayments for five years.
- Upside: You’ll be debt free if you can file Chapter 7, but most people cannot. If you file Chapter 13, you’ll also be debt free, but it will take at least 5 years to get there and then your credit report still shows a bankruptcy.
- Downside: Permanent public record. Thousands in legal fees. The court custodian will dictate how you spend your money and if you disobey, may throw out your case. You will not be able to obtain certain home loans or business loans for life. Credit damage can last for approximately 11 years.
DEBT CONSOLIDATION LOAN
Roll all your debts into one big new loan, possibly into your home loan.
- Upside: If you can get one, and then can afford all the payments, this may be a good solution.
- Downside: Almost nobody can get one anymore. Also, in cases of mortgage refinancing this replaces low-risk unsecured debt with high-risk secured debt. This means if you default on your credit cards, the credit card creditor complains by making a bad mark on your credit report, but that’s about it (other than risk of lawsuit which is uncommon). If you default on your home loan, you will go into foreclosure. Most of this is a moot point, simply because these days, very few borrowers can even qualify for this. If you do manage to qualify, you’ll pay thousands in fees (for home refinancing) and repay all the debt.
ANGLE FINANCIAL SERVICE’S DEBT REDUCTION PROGRAMS
- Lowest cost overall of any program except Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. However, qualifications for bankruptcy have become tougher, most may not qualify and some may still be asked to try an alternative method of getting out of debt before bankruptcy, such as Debt Settlement/Negotiation.
- Downside: Getting out of debt is never fast, fun or easy, but it can be faster than doing nothing, and the sooner you start, the sooner you’ll be addressing the debt you have accumulated and be able to start your financial life over.
Credit Repair instructions FREE.
Enter your details below to get it now
Get Your 3 Credit Reports & FICO® Scores
And Credit Monitoring
FREE LIFE INSURANCE QUOTE
Click below to quote and apply
We Have Answers!
We are the Credit Experts
Let us help!